GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

People say New Yorkers can't get along. Not true. I saw two New Yorkers, complete strangers, sharing a cab. One guy took the tires and the radio; the other guy took the engine. ~ David Letterman

 If you were up this morning, up & with the radio on; radio on & tuned to 612 ABC Brisbane, you would have heard the girl.

We got just 12 hours notice for this one ~ less in reality because we got told it was happening but the email never came through with all the necessary details: address, call time, repertoire, dress code, performance time, until 11pm.  Star fielded that.  I was long gone sleepy~byes.  And being the clever & thoughtful little bunny that  she is she went on~line & looked up the map, took down the relevant details & was all organised by the time she came & woke me in the morning.

4.30 am!  without coffee in my system & I am not highly functional!  I looked at the email, did a quick calculation in my head & decided that we needed to be on the next boat, not the one we had originally planned to be on.  Within 10 minutes of my feet hitting the floor we were out the door.  No caffeine in the system! Ouch.  Poor old Dino was abandoned to fudge a lift any way he could as he was on the boat after us.  As it turned out it was a good call.

We hooted into town & down Grey Street because that was the least stressful way to do it.  To the point where we crossed the bridge onto Coronation Drive we knew what we were doing.  From that point on I had to trust Star.  This does not come easy!  I have no sense of direction but Star's navigation has improved out of sight & she did an excellent job!  Absolutely brilliant.  We found a park outside the studios just before 6.45 to find the bulk of VM was there before us, everyone griping about the earliness of the hour ~ only we can always outdo the lot of them thanks to the boats!

Forty~five minutes & 2 carols later we were all done & negotiating peak hour traffic out of Brisbane! Nope.  Star wasn't driving!  Too much for either of us.  Coming out we went the way I thought we should probably have come in, only because I don't know that way half so well we opted for the tried & true route!  If you click here you can see the choir in the studio.  Click the link & you can hear the short segment.  Star is on the left in the second pic.  You all know that face, don't you!

So that was our morning.  How was yours?

2 comments:

Joyfulmum said...

Yes I recognise the face:) well, seeing I'm reading it a few days later, my morning wasn't as exciting or adventurous as yours! just a quiet morning doing chores and book work.

seekingmyLord said...

My mornings have been filled with fixing special foods for cats, dog, and rabbits before my own breakfast. Not stressful, but demanding...if you know Jamie, my Mornin' Lovin' Muffin.