GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Trumpets sound and angels sing

Listen what they say
That man will live forevermore
Because of Christmas Day.


Star is carolling this morning.  I put her on a 5am boat.  Tonight should be fun.

At least she was cheerful this morning ~ given she doesn't like mornings.  She has 2 performances, another tomorrow & we have the island carols on Friday after a Gothic rehearsal.  Great attitude from the girl.  I just wish she showed the same dedication & hard work for her academics!

I have lots on my mind.  Ember is once again tickling my brain cells ~ but I am too tired to be terribly coherent despite several days in a row at home now ~ & Dani, at the Lightbulb, has been chatting with me about the various ways in which we misrepresent the gospel.  I can only hope I was making some sort of sense to her.  And I have been reading.  Philipa Gregory again.  Anne of Cleves [The Boleyn Inheritance] is so much more interesting than I ever would have imagined ~ & much, much smarter;  she evaded Henry's bloodthirsty axe.  Catherine of Aragon too  {The Constant Princess}~ who suffers from a serious image problem with me because I first knew of her as the plump, dowdy little Spanish wife Anne Boleyn overshadowed  ~ but as the child of a Queen in her own right [Isabella of Castille] who wore armour into battle & kameeze in the Alhambra they took from the Moors she was much more politically savvy than spoilt little Henry ~ & managed him far better than any of his succeeding wives, pandering to his outrageous vanity & remaining as a stinging gadfly through 5 marriages yet keeping her head, no mean feat. 

 My reading list is growing ever longer.  I need to read up on Isabella ~ an iron butterfly who sponsored Columbus as well as instigating the Inquisition & seemed to believe her will & God's will were one & the same thing.  Sounds like an interesting woman.

I should dearly like to cancel Christmas but however intricate & embroiled my logistics are at the moment I doubt they are anywhere near the headache The Gothic is.  Yes indeedy.

6 comments:

Ruby said...

The upside to all your hectic days is that you are getting some reading done...in your waits I presume?
Hang in there, girl!

Joyfulmum said...

love the picture:) and what can I say about your reading....one day hopefully I will get to these books you talk about:)

LightBulb_88 said...

Ganeida, you were definitely making sense and speaking my language last night! Regardless, I always come away with something to ponder after speaking with you - thanks! <3

seekingmyLord said...

Ganeida, I have been ready to just hide myself away for a good fortnight, but I suppose I will take just a few hours here and there as they come. When you up for conversation, give me a call. I think my computer can handle it now...I hope it can.

Ganeida said...

Ruby: We are on the home run now & as my mum is coming down fort he working rehearsal that is something to look forward to! ☺

Rosemary: the pic was from the Lord Mayor's Christmas Tree lighting she sang at a few weeks ago. As for the reading ~ I am a very fast reader thanks to doing a degree in Lit. I don't often get all the detail but I can tell you all about the big picture. ☺

Dani: I have, tucked away somewhere, a Keith Green [the gospel singer] article on how Christians have mangled the gospel message into something that's just not true. When Star is done I will hunt it up for you. I think you will find it interesting & applicable.

Seeking: I am getting ratty & not nice to know. You do not want to talk to me just now. Trust me on this. I will be better soon but I am going to need a holiday from my holiday! lol

seekingmyLord said...

Ganeida, I am just coming out of mine...perhaps it that we are too much alike at this time of year?