GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, December 4, 2010

 One can survive everything nowadays, excpt death, & live down anything except a good reputation. ~ Oscar Wilde.

We are navigating the maze that is December.  It has rained so hard the yard went under water ~ again.  The veggies are drowning.  We are out of clean clothes & recycling the dirty.  There is no tree & no decorations; I have done no cards & no newsletter & as Star & I haphazzardly put together lunch for our visitors today we realised we hadn't eaten a proper meal under our own roof in over a week; we just hadn't realised.  We have been running, running, running: over tired, high strung, wired to sleeplessnes.  The cats are getting quite psychotic.

Yesterday Star was suppossed to go to a Gothic rehearsal with another mum.  I had planned my day to catch up on the necessary things like the shopping & the washing, doing the dishes, sweeping the floors.  It was not to be.  An e~mail came through saying Star was wanted in at QPAC.  Cancel all plans!  We left as soon as possible & were still late.  AVAE are now part of The Spirit of Christmas & we are in QPAC rehearsals all week.  Three hours at a time.  Street parking is metered for 2 hours at a time. Concerts Friday night, Saturday morning, Saturday night.  I got one of the last tickets for Saturday night because the kids get a little spot all their own, out the front with hand~held mikes.  Oh. My.  Star is as blase as can be. Mind you they parked me in the Green Room, which was rather nice as the rain was dribbling down outside & it was hardly pleasant in Southbank, & instead of staring goggle eyed at all the performers prancing through the place I curled up in a comfy chair & read about the bloodthirsty Tudors lopping off heads left, right & centre. I'm a little odd that way & totally over the whole arty~farty thing.  I think the Arts are a whore selling herself to the highest bidder & rather tawdry behind the scenes ~ but fun if you don't take it too seriously.

QPAC is not a huge drama ~ not any more.  I have some idea of what I'm doing & that helps so much but I know Star is starting to feel it.  She was absolutely silent coming home.  So unlike her!  We still have a long way to go but I managed to get hold of Dino, who is almost flooded in out Dubbo way & watching billions of dollars in wheat submerge as the drought breaks, & Liddy ~ who wants picking up from somewhere or other.  Ha! It had better be local or it's just not happening. 

So we are surviving  ~ & I haven't killed Star yet.  I cuddle my cats when I can & the house will still be there when we emerge at the end of December to survey the remains.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I think you put our American New Yorkers to shame with all your bustling about and shuttling to and fro. Get your rest when you can it seems that you'll be needing it. I so wish I could hear star sing, but I'm sure these programs she is in aren't broadcast here in the US :( Ah well, it is just not meant to be.

Gerry Snape said...

oh dear Ganeida...I think you need a bit of encouragement. You are doing amazingly and holding the fort and ..." all will be well, and all will be well, and all manner or things will be well"
Greetings and blessings from the icy cold of N.W.England. Strange weather!

Jan Lyn said...

Ah, December can be like that...peace to your hearts. It does have it's way of coming and going.

Ganeida said...

Birbitt: Sometimes stuff hits you tube but I have no time to check. I keep trying to convince the child to do a video for me but.... teenagers. ☺

Gerry: Wet it mat be & cold it may be here but at least it is not snowing. The snow is all yours! ☺ I am starting to feel like we've got a grip ~ sort of...almost...in a strange & peculiar way. Just not on things like housekeeping. lol

Jan Lyn: Gratias. No one round here likes it when I start losing the plot ~ & city driving can unraval me fast but I have had a day at home & that has done much to restore my equilibrium. ☺

Finding Joy said...

It is almost over.

seekingmyLord said...

If I could, I would give you lots and lots of chocolate.