GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, June 17, 2010

One Blue Barina.

I feel like I am diagonally parked in a parallel universe. ~Anon.

It's at moments like these you need...

In the space of 24 hours two things happened, two things that almost never happen. I was asked to pray for two particular things by two different people. I was sick. I was miserable. I felt like I was dying but one request was from a long standing & very dear blogging buddy. How could I say no? The other was from Liddy. Even worse. What mother turns down a request from her dearly beloved daughter?

I umed. I ahed. I procrastinated. I dragged myself round like the living dead but but eventually I wrapped myself in a doona & told the Lord things were not good. My ears were clogged. My nose was running. I had a head full of cotton wool but hey, I promised I'd talk to you & here I am. Not good. Definitely not bright eyed & bushy~tailed & totally, completely brain dead so I need you to be really, really clear. Clear, Lord, as in bright & dazzling white. Not fuzzy~wuzzy. Not murky. No maybes, ifs or perhapses. Clear. As in crystal.

Now dear friends, even on a good day The Lord & I have communication issues. I am very prone to saying things like: What was that? Say again? Are you sure? Do you really mean that? Sick & miserable my *hearing* was even more impaired.

Some of you may remember Liddy owned a Barina. A white Barina. It was a great little car & chugged us safely all round Brisbane & both coasts [north & south] until Liddy took it into her head to write it off. A car is a car is a car & cannot ever replace our Liddy so, you know, we shrugged & went back to using public transport on the mainland. No big deal & besides Liddy & I both felt the Lord saying very clearly Liddy was not to buy herself another car. And so it has been for several months. We have been mainland carless. A pain in the butt for some things, like lugging cats to vets, but mostly just slow.

The Lord is merciful. During this period Ditz has not been stretched musically. I have not had to lug the child all round Brisbane. We have not been running for the last boat of the day. Liddy, on the other hand, suddenly found life was becoming really difficult. All her travelling became impossibly time consuming. She found she didn't like being carless. She liked her freedom...but the Lord had said no car for Liddy!

So Liddy asked would I pray about a car for her. Talk about preconceived notions. I went into prayer listening for a Yes or No answer. I listened really hard for yes or no. I was hoping for a yes but prepared for a no. What immediately jumped into my mind & lodged there in great big letters as if the Lord were shouting was, " BLUE BARINA". Seriously. I thought I was hallucinating. Alliteration is not something I usually go in for & blue barinas are not your usual colour choice. After about 10 minutes of me trying to centre so I could hear a yes or a no I gave it up & crawled miserably into bed. After all, tomorrow was another day & there was some chance I would feel better. Much, much better.

I tried again...& again. Any time I tried asking the Lord about a car for Liddy Blue Barina immediately popped into my head. I was about going demented. Was that a yes, or a no? Was I imagining things? Seriously. Blue barina! Hmph! I told Liddy about my Blue Barina problems & we snorted & giggled all the way home on the boat.

So Ditz & I toddled off to choir as per usual on Wednesday & I started flipping out because how does one lug a child to out of the way places all over Brisbane without a car? Solution; Howl all over Dearest. Dearest is the money man. Dearest is the details man. Dearest is the planner. He'd had July in mind for the purchase of another car but the end of June was close enough. He sent me on the net to research. He suggested a Daewoo, which is our island car. Call me slow but I'd been looking at Daewoos we couldn't afford for half an hour before BLUE BARINA popped into my head.

Um yeah. Liddy & I are going to look at it on Saturday. If it's as good as it looks we'll buy it. Nope. Not Liddy's car but she knows she can have the use of it just as we had the use of hers while she had it.

You'd think I'd learn. I guess I'm just slow. Anyway, Lord, thanks heaps for the blue Barina.

5 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

I love stories like this! Anyone who doesn't believe that God still speaks must never had had this kind of experience where He drops something completely foreign into your head- something you never would have thought of on your own. In a million years. Like Blue Barina;=)

Ganeida said...

lol Diane. I was so sick & getting so cross with myself for not being able to concentrate properly & there, the Lord had done exactly as I asked; clear as a bell. Unmistakable ~ & I had no idea! I don't understand people who don't listen for answers to prayer. It's as if they don't expect God to answer them. So odd. Me, I expect answers. I'm just not so good at understanding what I'm told. ☺

Amanda said...

Beep Beep barina! God was 'beeping' away at you lol!! Great post... I LOVE it when He speaks to us...

seekingmyLord said...

I thought you were feeling better or I would not have forwarded my friend's request at that time. I thank you so much for making that effort when you felt so ill. My friend appreciated the confirmation very, very much. It is kind of exciting for she was given a vision as well, which has been interpreted, so now we wait to see all fulfilled by the Lord.

All those who truly listen to the Lord are truly blessed. I don't know about others but I know I only receive the blessing of hearing Him when I listening for Him and feel I am missing something when I pray at Him only.

May the Lord bless you, Ganeida, with good health this very day and the car for Liddy.

Ganeida said...

Amanda: lol I'm not usually so slow but it definitely wasn't my week.

Seeking: As I said, it is always a privilege to be asked to pray & your request was relatively easy. Scripture is usually unmistakable. It was the Barina that had me getting all worked up & hot under the collar. I wasn't on top of my game, that's for sure! The Lord must have been shaking His head & wondering what He had to do to get through my fug!