GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, June 7, 2010

It's no longer a question of staying healthy. It's a question of finding a sickness you like. ~ Jackie Mason.

We are being very dull. Duller than dull. We are cuddling under doonas with cats, sipping hot drinks & watching the world go by without us.

Winter arrived suddenly with a snap & a crackle. Even the cats are feeling miserable. They want to go outside, stick their noses out for 2 seconds & want to come back in to the warm. Queensland doesn't lead up to these things gradually. One day it is summer, the next icicles are hanging from the eves. OK, so it's not literally cold enough for icicles but you get the idea. We are not used to this chilly air.

Kirby arrived on my face in the middle of the night wanting reassurance that this too shall pass. Poor puss. He was cold & miserable too.

Ditz has been making her wonderful apple crumble with custard & when we finally ran out of custard powder she turned around & made the real deal custard from scratch! Yes, she did. The only time I do that is when I make a Bee Sting cake ~ & only because I never read the recipe the first time & only realised I was making custard when it was all done. Yep. I'm a one step at a time girl in the kitchen. No wonder the food sometimes tastes funny. I should think more about what I am doing.

Even steven as to whether anyone will be well enough for choir tomorrow. Ditz looks & sounds like the plague has struck. I think it is time for a trip to the library.

7 comments:

Finding Joy said...

My outdoor/indoor cat decided to stay indoors all day today as she decided it was much nicer than going outside. This was a good move as it was only 10C today. Ruby is a very fluffy indoor cat and doesn't seem to get cold, maybe because she is so fluffy:)

Last night I went to bed at 8:30pm - watched a DVD in bed then read until 10:15pm - I loved it - but I bit dull to some:) I don't mind dull - dull is good as it means nothing bad is happening.

Finding Joy said...

I just read that you make Bee Sting Cake (Bienenstich) - I love this cake if made using the traditional German method. I grew up in a town of German immigrants and the bakery made a gorgeous Bienenstich. I have never tried to make one. My sons also love it.

Diane Shiffer said...

So sorry you're all not feeling well, but I do envy you that apple crumble... and with homemade custard? Oh. My.

I must admit to envying you your cold weather as well. I am most definitely a cold weather girl... or at least a cool weather girl. The heat just doesn't agree with me; my face turns beet red sometime in June and doesn't go back to its more usual pink until September, lol.
Happy day to you, my dear friend♥

Amanda said...

If dull means spending days cuddled up under doonas, eating apple crumble with real custard, then I envy you my friend! I love 'dull'! lol

Hope you are feeling well and healthy before you know it... in the meantime, keep warm and rested :o)

Siano said...

You make beesting?? Great - I'll be there :-)

Sorry to hear about the winter ails. I've managed to avoid them so far...

kimba said...

Beesting! Recipe please. Pretty please.

Ganeida said...

Jo: don't know that my recipe is traditional but it is simple to make & yummy to eat.

Amanda: thanks. I thinks I'm on the mend but Ditz is still coughing & spluttering.

Siano: will make one when you come up.

Kimba: have recipe, will do post. ♥♥♥ to all you lot. Not visiting until we are over this. Don't want to share.