GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Splish~splash, mish~mash.


You should not be here ~ Neytiri, Avatar.


Certifiably insane. I'm pretty sure.


Saturdays are often busy. We're playing soccer again, which is good, I guess. At least it's good in parts. Playing with hormonal teen boys is occasionally a little fraught & after Saturday's fisticuffs when half the players walked off the pitch we only got half a game anyway. Ditz & I just waited things out & then toddled home.


I was looking forward to a hot shower & some down time but Ditz had other plans. Someone was running a movie night on the cricket pitch. I wasn't going down for Brother Bear. I'm not a big fan of animation, even good animation, but I did let Ditz talk me into taking her down for Avatar. I'm not sure why. Ditz & Liddy saw this at the movies & I wasn't real keen but I knew Ditz had really enjoyed it. I see why. The special effects & visuals are absolutely amazing but what is Wednesday's quote? Your work is puerile & under dramatised. You lack any sense of structure, character & the Aristotelian unities. Pretty much sums it up for me. Can't see what all the fuss is about but I am hard to please & it's just not my sort of thing. I know. You would think it would be but despite the thin line between sci~fi & fantasy I am rarely attracted to sci~fi. I just couldn't care about any of the characters so nothing about this movie really worked for me. There really is nothing to say about it. I found it banal.


Maybe I was just too cold. It was absolutely freezing on the cricket pitch. Sian, if you are reading, I wore my Springbrook beanie, yes the one with the blue feathers that you swore I would never be game to wear out in public; I told you I would. And lovely & warm it was too.


Dino is home; Liddy is coming. I think I am happy about that. Full house again.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Indeed, I heartily agree - Avatar left me feeling curiously unmoved.
Even though I could identify with the oppressed natives and exploitative colonisers, it still left me feeling a little spare.
And I sat there for hours and hours!

Ganeida said...

Ah well HVH, my Ditz was counting falling stars while I turned into an icicle. Hardly worth it really but the child was happy & that's all to the good. Welcome.

The HoJo's said...

hmmm wonder where my comment went?

I quite liked Avatar for the love story, the rest was bit average I thought, but I am a sucker for a good love story so... wanders of humming the Romeo and Juliet theme ;o)

xc