GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

On Mother's Day I have written a poem for you. In the interest of poetic economy & truth, I have suceeded in concentrating my deepest feelings & beliefs into two perfectly crafted lines: You're my mother; I would have no other. ~ Forest Houtenschil. Yes I know Mother's Day was on Sunday but when Liddy left she took her camera with her & Ditz & I couldn't do anything about that until Wednesday. Actually we very nearly did nothing then either. I'm not technologically minded & I dithered. Do I take pot luck on middle of the range old technology, which is what we've been using, or do I plonk down our hard earned cash for a giddy top of the range just released model? The new model will survive being dropped in a puddle : both shock & waterproof. Given what happened with Liddy's first camera I forked out the extra ~ & then realised it was on special & I'd actually got quite a lot off. Ditz, naturally wanted the fancy purple thingy but I really couldn't live with a purple camera.


The new toy seems to take quite nice pictures. Mind you, this morning was exceptionally lovely & it's hard to take a bad pic when your surrounds are so lovely.

However I believe Miss Tomato Soup wanted a picture of these! These are my Mother's Day gift from Ditz. She is a thoughtful & generous little soul & truth be told my feet have hardly been out of them since I was allowed to have them. Mmmm. Warm & huggly. Now I have had the knee huggers at different times but wrestling them on & off my feet when they don't really give me any extra warmth is no longer worth the drama so I opted for these lovely slipper~y Ugh boots & they are doing the job just fine, thank you. Every time I pull them on my feet I feel so loved.

There was chocolate too ~ but chocolate doesn't last long in this house. Ditz & I have eaten it all already, including the chocolate mousse she made for desert! Yes, we're chocoholics & without Liddy there is more for just the two of us. This is no good for my waistline but oh! my tastebuds did enjoy it!

11 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

CHOCOLATE...?

Allison said...

I have a pair of similar boots...they haven't left my feet since they were given to me :)

Finding Joy said...

Hi - first visit to your blog. I need a pair of boots just like that, particularly this morning when it got as low as -4C.

I keep my chocolate in the freezer - it takes longer to eat as it is hard!!

Jo
xx

Diane Shiffer said...

oooooooooohhhh..... those are sweet! I love the stitching around the toe (and yes, I clicked for a closer look;-)) And they are the perfect height: short enough to slip on and off easily, but tall enough for optimal cozy-ness. Well done Ditz!

Someday, I'd like to have a pair of these for my very own. I think I'd wear them every day during the cold months... we have hard wood floors without carpets. They're pretty and easy to clean, but oh-so-drafty and downright freezing in the winter. Of course you will not have to worry your pretty lil head about cold floors anymore, now will you? ;-)

Sandra said...

Yes, beautiful scenery. You have an abundance of that. You are living in paradise.

I had a pair of Ugh boots a few years ago. They are winter boots for me. Wonderful boots. It will make someone (Persuaded) reel to know they were my barn boots! Now I think I need another pair. Ditz is very good to her mum.

Libby said...

Did you buy a new camera, waterproof? lol Jee wizz wasn't I on the phone the other night, hahaha no hear of that then... I'm missing home in different ways, mainly that it's so much warmer there! :D It went down to 1 degree here last night brrrr... twas cold!

seekingmyLord said...

Boots? Shmoots!
Cameras? (Rolling eyes)

Now tell me more about the really important stuff! Just how was that chocolate?

Ganeida said...

Lid, my girl, Marlow got on dad's stamps & in my rush to remove him before he did irreparable damage I did a floor hugger. I have an incredible collection of bruises ~ including the doozey on my chin [whole new meaning to double chins] & probably lucky not to smash my collar bone like someone else I know. Cameras were the last thing on my mind.

Seeking: the chocolate was dark & nutty & heavenly ~ & at least some of it was also gooey with caramel. Mmmmmmm......

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day - mine was rather different, to say the least. :P I have four stitches in my foot, had an infection, so last week has been interesting.

My son and daughter are going to buy me a new sewing basket for Mother's Day, but we will have to wait until we go to Adelaide next time, for they just aren't available here.

We are looking to buy a new camera, too - one that will take stunning macro photos - probably a SLR.

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Love Jillian ♥

Ganeida said...

Jillian! I am so glad you are commenting but I am comfuzzled. Are you back blogging ~ or just reading. I miiiiissss youuuuu....And *what* have you done to your foot? It sounds nasty. I hope you get a nice sewing basket & the camera you want.

Libby said...

can you tell I come back in here to check comments... btw I've had some time inside on my laptop :) and she is letting me use the power :)