GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Thursday, May 20, 2010

A dog is a dog, a bird is a bird & a cat is a person ~ Mugsy Peabody.
The boys are waxing sleek & glossy. They look enormous & have bear~sized paws but they are mostly fur & I dread to think what they will be like when they begin to moult in spring!

However a long day out from Ditz & I did not make them happy & they spent yesterday keeping a very sharp eye on me indeed. Kirby likes the dryer beside the computer from whence he can keep an eye on both me & the food dishes all at once. Every so often he lands in my lap, crawls all over me in affection then feeds his face. At times I dread that his carnivorous instincts will get the better of his good manners & my face will feed his but so far it hasn't happened.

Marlow takes up residence on the printer ~ which was in use yesterday. He was fascinated as the paper disappeared & paw & nose both followed. Luckily the gap wasn't big enough to accommodate him.


It is a little disconcerting to be so thoroughly chaperoned by something so small & furry but it is nice to be loved & missed & it makes coming home into an Event.

11 comments:

Mom said...

It sounds as if you were well missed yesterday and that you had a fabulous time with Ditz. I feel a bit stupid asking, but why is Dino in hospital? Did I miss something?

Thank you for the details of Robinhood. That is still at the top of our list, partly because we don't get a lot of options in our particular part of NZ.

Sandra said...

You love your cats. They love you back. I take exception to the quote though. My dogs are four-legged people. My cat is a being beyond my understanding. :)

Amanda said...

My dog is four legged person also ;)

Thank you, dear one, for you comment on my blog. I am bruised and hurt at the moment, and feel quite vulnerable. But, that is a good thing I believe... putty in His hands ;)

I have responded to your comment, albiet in a long essay lol.

Thank you again, and please know, I never intended any offence to anyone who wears head coverings. I would never want to do that.

Blessings to you...

Unknown said...

Sounds like your kitties have decided they are in charge of your comings and goings and since you failed to consult them on your goings they have decided to keep a close watch on you...kinda reminds me of my days as a teenager...Oh and my kitties are certainly people, but the dog is people as well as she will be most quick to tell you :)

Ganeida said...

Bonnie: ☺
Think Dino popped a can to have a drink while baiting up & poisoned himself. He's been pretty sick but should be home tonight.

Sandra: Not being a dog owner I can't comment on dogs as people but I'll take your word for it. ☺

Hey Amanda: Will get back to you & chat. Things to say...☺

Birbitt: tell me about it. My cats run this house.

Finding Joy said...

Marlow looks very content on the printer- I assume you can't use the printer whilst it is occupied. My baby sits in the sink whilst I clean my teeth, which means she needs to move her feet to one side when I need the sink.

The boys look very happy and have a look of "how long are you going to be so I can get back to what I was doing"!!

Ganeida said...

Jo: I have a running battle with my cats & the kitchen benches. I am losing but not defeated yet. ☺ Marlow actually stays while the printer goes, absolutely fascinated by the paper dissappearing. lol

Finding Joy said...

Isn't it funny how quickly pets take over your house and let you know very sternly that you no longer are the owner!! I can't keep Ruby off the kitchen bench - she lies on it like she is the Queen of Sheba!!

seekingmyLord said...

Cats are just beautiful, yours especially, but I think proves a point, beauty opens doors because people tend to not see beyond it until to know what they have really let in. I love, love, love cats, but...then there was the Mornin' Lovin' Muffin. He was never one to lie around looking beautiful and coax. No, he was more like this: I am in your face so deal with me here and now or else I will torture you, your husband, your child (who has a scar right near her eye to always remind me) and even your dog! When I am on the phone and he wants attention, he just jumps on top of me and I have to grab a hold of him or else I would have horrible scratches from my chest to my knees--somehow I remember the pain every single time he has done it more than I remember labor!

seekingmyLord said...

I realize I did not paint the scene well. I meant when I am standing up and talking in the phone--sometimes I am just standing somewhere and not talking on the phone!

Ganeida said...

I love that about cats. Some are just so ~ different! ☺ My friend's cat adores me & greets me with raucous miows, chirrups, purring & & flag waving tail. If I go to leave before he is finished saying hello he sinks his claws in! Ouch.