GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, April 11, 2010

M.I.A


"Worldwide, nearly a million people commit suicide every year, more than those murdered or killed in war."

Suicide. It happens. It's devastating. It is most predominant amongst those without hope ~ not always the disadvantaged in our society but often. Often our young, who are our future.

Having worked with street kids I know even if they aren't technically suicidal their behaviour is often so self~destructive the end result is the same; death by degrees.

This is where Liddy is this week. Nope, she's too young to actually work with these kids but she can do the radio stuff. See Liddy thinks with her feet. Ditz & I, we think with our eyes, but Liddy is a kinesthetic. It is only in the moving & doing she is able to think things through, work things out. Drives me batty. Whereas I would sit quietly contemplating my navel waiting on the definitive word from God ~ & perfectly content ~ Liddy is driven to act as if in the doing itself she gains clarity & direction.

And the thing is, from my point of view, it is so much wasted effort. God has said Chile. He hasn't rescinded on that. Trusting when everything around you says it's just not going to happen is one of the hardest things you can be asked to do ~ & Liddy's sooo patient. Not.

As I was chatting with Dear Friends, friends I haven't managed to catch up with in some time but who have prayer partnered with me for years & who faithfully pray for us each & every day, The Raven interrupted to say God had spoken & He has everything under control. Well, we know that. It's the details that are being a little hazy. Just the same, confirmed. Now if I can just stop my daughter from spinning like a top long enough to listen we may be able to discern where & how & what she is meant to be doing between now & Chile.

PS: seriously, I don't envy God having to deal with this child [young woman.] Stubborn. Impatient. Pig~headed. No idea where she inherited any of it from!

8 comments:

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

OO, Australian style "bush craft." Learn ANZAC values (I remember being taught to capitalise this... not lower case!). Bring sunscreen.

Yep. I could see where one would easily be diverted here. :)

Sandra said...

I don't completely understand, but I think it is great she is busy with something so useful. I guess because I am a doer as well!

Jeanne said...

A good friend of mine's partner suicided last week. Such a tragic loss of young life. What hopelessness he must have felt. We're still dealing with the fall out around here...

God does have everything in control you know. Even Liddy. And you, Ganeida. Big grin.

Ganeida said...

MrsC: 60 Minutes did a big segment on this a year or so ago. They do great things with at risk kids.

Sandra: Lid's taken time off from her regular job to do this. *sigh* She's trying to work out what she should be doing.

Jeanne: I lost a cousin & a friend to suicide in the course of 18 months. Not sure that anyone ever really recovers. Everyone needs hope. lol

I *know* God has us in His hands; it's the details that get a little messy. ☺

seekingmyLord said...

That would be because it is our nature to place too much importance on the details God does not. (Been there, done that myself...many, many times!)

LightBulb_88 said...

Ganeida, you know where God intends Liddy to go eventually, and so does she, really. In the meantime, if that is the way she needs to search and process until the timing is revealed, then it is still His work being done and you know how she is and how God often teaches her things - she'll come back with new wisdom, understanding, passion and an experience and skill-set that can only be a positive for the work in Chile.

In my prayers for Liddy, several times God has brought to mind Philippians 3:14 - "I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus" as I've shared with you before and I believe it applies now as much as ever. She's pressing forward into what God has for her, and even in the off-chance that she may not be going in the *exact* direction He wants, it is far easier to steer a moving ship.

Matthew 6:25-34 - He is the God of small things and details too, Ganeida :) God bless you all.

LightBulb_88 said...

PS: I LOVE that photo of Liddy! How old was she?

Ganeida said...

lol Dani: you're not a sailor, are you? A boat beating into the wind exerts twice the energy that a boat laying off the wind does. It also travels twice the distance. Both use the wind but one is super effecient & the other is not. If becalmed [ie not moving due to no wind] dead weight will actually generate movement.

I think Lid was 15 or 16 in that pick. You'd have to check with her.