GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

If time were the wicked sheriff in a horse opera , I'd pay for riding lessons & take his gun
& shoot him. W.H Auden
All year, & we are now nearly done with the fifth month, Ditz & I have struggled with our health. I am looking askance at those pesky mosquitoes & all the nasty little diseases they carry because with all the rain we had more than our usual numbers throughout summer. Of course it may just be that I'm getting old but if this is getting old I'm over it. I have things to do, places to be.

Like singing classes, made more difficult now by the lack of a car. Liddy has managed to write off her vehicle. *sigh* We are debating a replacement because our absolutely wonderful council wants to remove all the parking spaces along the mainland foreshore ~ & yes they are an eyesore but without good public transport what are all our workers meant to do ~ & people like us who have our kids in extra curricula activities that require toddling all over Brisbane? And if you think that's not an issue you should have been on the boat last night at 7.15 because some child had gone missing from school. Try dealing with that from over here without a vehicle! Know where she went & why eventually but no~one was able to go get her! Having been the parent whose kids have missed buses & thus boat connections I know what a major drama this causes in the heart of a parent. Why the council never capped our population I do not know. It was the smart thing to do if they didn't want to bridge us [& they don't] & don't want the parking issue. Obviously our council isn't big on smarts.

We have cut everything back to a bare minimum. Ditz is not doing flute, violin or piano. I know. I thought she would miss the music but it seems that teen angst has negated all that. I believe violin is now an option so we will once more add that & see how we go. I prefer flute myself but it's not all about me, more's the pity.

Singing is gearing up for Creative Generation. Just breathing. This was a circus last year. Absolutely huge production. The massed choir alone was 2,ooo students. You read that right: 2 000! AVAE, I believe, are this year's guest artists. Deep breathing. I am not thinking about how we are going to make that last boat because without a car obviously we won't. Guess we're crashing on someone's floor for the night. Luuuverly. I think there's a reason I'm just plain tired all the time. Ho hum.

7 comments:

Siano said...

Wish I could offer you a floor to crash on. Was given the opportunity to buy my father's flat earlier this week, but given the price asked don't think I'll be doing so somehow :-)

seekingmyLord said...

I sympathize. I have never known how you do it with all the music lessons and singing practices with the added degree of difficulty of getting around while living on an island.

LightBulb_88 said...

Is it the Friday & Saturday you'll need a place? I'll have to check with mum but my place might be an option and the transport from CG to mine is easy... Let me know if you're interested in that.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

SO what happens to these little kids who miss their bus and boat connection? Are they left to wander the streets or do they spend the night in the pokey?

Catherine (Alecat Music) said...

Wouldn't it be great if there was a billeting service offered to families like yourself on a regular basis, as a service for being involved?
Could one be arranged, or proposed, do you think?

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I'm not surprised that you're so tired with all of the travelling that you do with Ditz and her music. ;)

Praying that things will work out for you. :)

Have a wonderful week,
Love and blessings, Jillian ♥

Ganeida said...

Siano:Now your floor would be an absolute delight ~ though neither of us would do much sleeping I suspect.

Seeking: As I get older it is getting harder. A good thing Ditz is my last I think.

Dani: I'll let you know when I have more details. Thanks love. ♥

MrsC: Usually school friends are called upon to put them up overnight though I have heard of boys spending the night in the lock~up...

alecat:Mm, when we did soccer it worked like that. People were always putting my kids up & they made good friends that way but the music scene is a little...snootier, shall we say, & what you are suggesting is just not done. Everyone seems to have the money to fork out for a hotel room. I may have an option to use the Quaker rooms but I'm not sure how hard they are to reach...

Jillian: Me neither. Too much stuff happening here & when I stress I get super tired which seems to be half my problem. Ah well. This too shall pass.