GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Grieving Issi.

The very best accolade for what sort of a companion an animal has been is the desire to experience that companionship again ~ despite the inevitable loss. Issi was definitely a cat who sparked that. He was something altogether else.
His blood clot was sudden, unexpected, devestating ~ & lethal. He looks bright eyed & bushy~tailed but his hindquarters were like ice & he was already dying. Sweet & gentle to the very last he died craddled in my arms ~ the place he best liked to be. I was given an image, not the sort of sentimental thing I normally think, of when I go home of Jesus coming to greet me, Iss padding at his feet on one side, Gyver at the other. Dearest says by then there will be a whole swarm of the cat family trailing in Jesus' wake to greet me. I do so hope!

So today we went to choose another cat ~ or two. We went to one of the shelters & it didn't take Ditz long to have a lapful of kittens. The black one was spoken for, the little tabby girl both too young & too sick.
Kirby was not my first pick. I fell in love with his brother who sounded just right for our family but the foster carers didn't really want to separate them & we wanted two cats. Yeah, I know. He looks a little bit like Issi & he loves Liddy's toes to nibble on.

This is Marlo greeting Dearest.
He spent his first hour wedged behind a painting but he has beeen out for cuddles, tail carried high in greeting.
Kirby has already checked out the view.
It will take a few days but the boys are settling in well & are very affectionate to everyone in the house. They can't ever replace Iss but they are their own special selves & are helping to ease the pain.






10 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

Ganeida,

I have not been reading blogs lately, but I missed you at CF, so I came to take a peek to see why you had been away, since you returned from the trip. My sympathies are with you in missing Issi. Jamie, my Mornin' Lovin' Muffin, is now 14 years old and he cannot quite jump as high as he used to do and he cuddles for warmth more than he used to. I am thinking that his time is getting short also.

I pray that your grief will be lightened as these two newcomers begin to take over your home, as you know cats tend to do. I cannot wait to read about their unique personalities and antics.

Love to you and your family.

Diane Shiffer said...

Ganeida dear, I'm so glad that you have two new little furry companions... those are two very fortunate felines indeed☺ Now you have two little brothers just as I do!

And still, I ended up in tears as I read this post. The passing is never easy for us left behind♥
((hugs)) and much love to you dear friend.

Richele McFarlin said...

So sorry to hear about this! My mom's cat just recently passed away as well after 19 years. Pets are just so dear.

Sandra said...

They are adorable. I know they will keep you busy and help in easing the pain. Iss would be pleased.

MamaOlive said...

The two new guys are blessed to have you. I look forward to hearing all about them.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

Ohhh... such a bittersweet post! I like the pics in the newer post, too. :)

Siano said...

Now I feel safe to say that I think Issi and Rupert are probably having a high old time together (Rupes succumbed to brain cancer in 07).

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Welcome back, my friend - I have missed your posts! (((Ganeida))) :D

It just goes to show how much of a special cat Issi was - it took two cats to fill his place!!!

Have a wonderful and blessed week,
Jillian

Dianne said...

I learned thru Mrs C that you lost Issi
I just lost my sweet Mia last Friday
Today would have been her birthday

I adopted yesterday from a shelter
wasn't planning to but it felt right

I am sorry for the loss of Issi yet joyful that you gave a wonderful home to the boys

Peace

Allison said...

Looks like there is some very strong personality in Kirby! Two very lucky kitties.