GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Ditz Saves the Day.

A hero is someone who understands the responsibility that comes with his freedom. ~ Bob Dylan

Ditz was performing yesterday. At 8AM. That's right 8AM!!! This meant Ditz had to rise at 5.30 am ~ which is almost unheard of~ to be on a 6.35 am boat so she could meet her lift on the other side by 7am. All of which we managed. Not without difficulty. Ditz was barely awake & what I am normally doing at that hour of the morning, before I have to wake up properly, is blogging.

There was only one small hiccup as I dropped Ditz off [apart from the fact the child has a cold & is whining incessantly about a piddling little stuffed nose]; for a whole 20 minutes said child had to be on her own with no~one to drive crazy except herself.

However Ditz did eventually, albeit reluctantly, get out of the car & wander down the jetty. I hoped she was a little more functional in an hour, before she had to sing, & went home to my cats, who on finding all their alpha females gone & Dearest still in bed, had had a meltdown & gone into hiding. *sigh*

Several hours later Ditz returned to the island glowing with virtue & the sort of giddiness performing gives her. I inquired after the performance anxiously. The target audience was a bunch of psychiatrists & psychologists ~ notoriously hard nuts. Ditz looked Smug. She'd missed rehearsal. Peak hour traffic & an erratic GPS got them to the uni late. I waited, knowing how fraught Alison can get in these circumstances but

"We're all good," my child informed me. "Alison loves me forever & ever."

For being LATE?

"No; for having a spare shirt."

Whoa there, Nellie! Come again?

For reasons that will probably forever escape me because there's no way on God's little green planet that Ditz will ever again fit into her spare orange VM shirt, Ditz had shoved her spare shirt into her bag along with her make~up kit, her spare ribbons & bobby pins, her snack & water bottle. Thank goodness she did. One of the girls arrived in the wrong uniform & without her other shirt. At that time of the day on a school morning numbers were minimal so she was going on, wrong shirt or not. Ditz arrived just before they were due to perform, had a spare shirt that fitted the other girl & Alison was able to relax & pretend there had never been any drama to start with.

I ever tell you how much I love you, Ditz? Way to go girl!

10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Yay Ditzy one!!

Who in their right mind would arrange a performance at 8 am? Clearly not our esteemed mental health professionals. Which makes me wonder how they can determine our mental status if they're clearly mad as hatters themselves!!

Allison said...

Go Ditz!

I second Jeanne - a performance at 8am?

Sandra said...

Sometimes being a Ditz pays off! She can rest on those points for a little while.

Anonymous said...

Clever Ditz! She'll go a long way in life, that girl! :D

Have a wonderful week,
Blessings,
Jillian

seekingmyLord said...

I think it is ancient proverb:
If you arrive late, being a gift. ;)

Diane Shiffer said...

"for a whole 20 minutes said child had to be on her own with no~one to drive crazy except herself."

*snort*

Way to go Ditz-y girl! I'll bet she was just so pleased with herself, and for good reason!☺

Ganeida said...

Jeanne: our health proffessionals are nutters. They make Ditz look completely sane by comparison.

Allison: Yep: the child has something going for her.

Sandra: Yep, she'll coast on that one for a while.

Jillian: Yes she is & yes she will but will *I* survive the journey?!

Seeking: lol. Too funny.

Diane:Love the child to bits but honestly I wonder sometimes...☺

Siano said...

Gorgeous photo of Ditz

Ashley Dumas said...

Hurray for Ditz! : )

Ganeida said...

Siano: It's lovely isn't it?! It's an older one but it really captures our Ditz~gorgeous, funky & happy. Actually she's lost quite a bit of weight & is looking absolutely stunning just now. *sigh* I still *see* my dimpled baby.

Hi Ashley: Nice to have you visit. Hurray for Ditz indeed.