GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

A Little Family Business...


"In a houseful of toddlers and pets, you can start out having a bad day, but you keep getting detoured." ~Robert Brault
It has taken a while but I have defaulted to the way my system likes to work; I am awake most of the night & sleeping through the hottest part of the day. For preference I like to work when the house is quiet & the temperature is cool & I am undistracted by other things. Sadly I can't do it during term time or Ditz & I would never get anything at all done & Ditz, unfortunately has inherited her mother & grandmother's night owl tendencies. Being young she can burn her candle at both ends. I cannot.

Liddy is heading up to my mum's for her long weekend ~ with Ditz. Ditz will stay when Liddy comes back. Three days all on her lonesome ownsome with her ma. She doesn't know whether to be delighted or terrified! I will follow the following weekend & have my week with my mother. It has been some time since I got to spend any time with her but although I have done almost nothing all holidays, which has been completely lovely, there have been things happening to keep me tied to home.

Amongst those things are my sons, who drift in & out of the house constantly, mostly in just now because they haven't worked since before Christmas & suddenly my budget for 4 is stretched to the limit feeding 6. They can even out eat Lid, & she's no slouch in the food department. However while here Theo had me typing up his resume because he wanted to apply for a job on Hamilton Island. Theo is a qualified landscape/horticulturist & Hamilton is stunning. Having typed the resume I then found technically I was once again the most computer literate person in the house when it came to attaching things to e~mails & sending them. [Liddy is technically better but she was at work at the time so doesn't count.] Theo, who is a pretty good salesperson, successfully sold himself & flys out on Monday to take up his new position.

Dino has his own irons in the fire ~ mostly labouring work on the island so he can fish & crab to his little heart's content. He has lived on the mainland for work but his heart's never really been in it. He is an island boy so if he can get work here he will take it. If not he will continue with the landscapers he's been working for when they resume work ~ hopefully soon.

Liddy is doing all her prep for her Melbourne trip, which includes a full medical. So funny. Although we have asked several times when she's had blood tests done, no~one has ever actually told us her blood type. Now she needs to know & I am curious. Both Dearest & I have the same blood type, a negative & rareish, but if I understand my biology correctly [which is doubtful] Liddy may have a different blood group entirely.

Poor Ditz has had a pretty thin time of it; long periods of nothing interspersed with frantic activity. She has read a lot but like me the opportunity to do nothing much is rather a novel occupation ~though I think it is starting to wear thin now. We'll finish our break with our week at mum's & psyche ourselves up for the coming fray. It is going to be another big year. VM returns to Singapore in July. Guess we try again!

4 comments:

The HoJo's said...

Hurrah for the job, yay for daytime sleep, yippee about Singapore (again!!!) hmm about money and ewwww to the blood tests, did I miss anything? ;o)

xc

seekingmyLord said...

Let me see if I have this straight...you have been holding back? ;)

Sandra said...

I would love a bit of time to do absolutely nothing. Enjoy the quiet while Ditz is gone. So glad the boy got his job.

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

:) I just wanted to pop a smilie on here and tell you I enjoyed the updates over a cup of coffee. You are very blessed as your children grow and change.