GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Monday, January 4, 2010

Friendships of silver & gold.

"No lapse of time or distance of place can lessen the friendship of those who are truly persuaded of each other's worth." Anon. Many of my friends live in my computer. They are often people I only know through their words & thoughts. They may not be who they say they are. They may not be who I think they are. I barely touch the edges of their lives, am barely a speck of dust in their everyday & yet almost without exception The Lord has blessed these strange otherworldly friendships & I have been deeply, profoundly blessed.


As only a homeschooling parent really understands parcels through the mail are the epitome of excitement, unless of course you are expatriate; parcels from home probably come close. Parcels with foreign postage the most exciting of all. Handmade gifts elevating the whole experience somewhere into the seventh heaven.


The card is my friend's daughter's artwork. She is 8 & very gifted. The detail is exquisite. I love the lantern hanging from a beam; the way the lamb is cuddling up to Mary; the sweet expressions on all the faces. With the card was this doily. It too is handmade by my friend. [I can say my friend; if she wants to deny it she will have to out herself! ☺] I can crotchet so I have some idea of the time & work involved in this beautiful design. I am humbled to think of all the hours my friend spent working on this special gift for me, each twist of yarn & hook a reminder of who she was making this gift for; hours of thought & prayer for me. She is the praying sort so I'm pretty sure there was plenty of prayer. I feel so blessed. It was so unexpected & arrived at a time when I was feeling quite low after a difficult day. You know who you are.

THANK YOU!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
What a wonderful expression of this person's love and admiration for you! :)

Have a wonderful week, my friend,
Love and blessings,
Jillian

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
I have an award waiting for you on my blog - for the inspiration, friendship and encouragement that you have given me. :)
Blessings,
Jillian

The HoJo's said...

ahhh well deserved I'm sure from whoever the clever giver was

xc

Diane Shiffer said...

What sweet treasures! You know I clicked on your pic so I could get a better view of the details and I have to say that I share your admiration for the young artist who created that illustration. So many details, and the facial expressions are just precious. The doily is a beautiful thing as well- what a treasure to have such a tangible thing to remind you of a dear friend you have never met♥

I get that same warm reminder from a couple of beautiful pieces of kitchen linen I happen to have;)

Ganeida said...

Jillian: random acts of kindness always make my heart melt. ♥♥

Hojos: Perhaps....the giver is certainly a very clever & talented lady.

Persuaded: Aren't the facial expressions just charming? Absolutely delightful. Ditz was just like that. I kept some drawings of hers from about 5 because she drew faces with ears, eyebrows, eyelashes, noses ~ so unusual for her age & she is now quite a good artist. These remind me of Ditz & I expect she will really develop artistically over the next year or two.

Friendships are wonderful things. My net ones have been such a blessing to me. ♥♥

Jan Lyn said...

Couple illness with homeschooling, and I can sincerely relate to saying "many of my friends live in my computor."
The card and gift are lovely..thanks for sharing the photo. I've been on the receiving end of that at times too and many must think we are running a used bookstore here. No one quite understands my thrill of the mail truck up the drive like a homeschooler!