GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Friday, January 1, 2010

And now we flip the calendar over.

An optimist stays up until midnight to see the new year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. ~Bill Vaughan




Both girls went in to town to watch the fireworks; Ditz with the Beanos; Liddy with kids off the island. I'd have been in bed well before the new year arrived if I hadn't been waiting up for Ditz but Ditz loves fireworks [well, she would, wouldn't she being something of a human variety herself] & she adored the firework show. I think she liked doing something with someone other than her family too but if she will indulge in chicken pox she gets confined to barracks!



Liddy continued down the coast to welcome the New Year in with the sunrise. Rather her than me. I saw the sunrise but I'd had a reasonable night's sleep first! Siano packed her goods & chattels & departed. There is a hole that she was occupying quite nicely, & an empty Issi niche, because Issi got spoilt quite abominably but Siano does some work with the Cat Protection Society & she surely knows the way to Issi's heart! His love may only be a cat food tin away but it is genuine for the length of her stays.



Siano left behind for my pleasure, having known me long & loved me well, a Penguin Book coffee mug for The Pursuit of Love. Nancy Mitford. Such a strange family. Even know I get a huge giggle out of the *child hunt*. Only in England. Only amongst the landed gentry. Based on fact. I can so visualise all those children bolting for home over the downs with hounds & horses hot on their tails! It sounds like fun ~ & so politically not correct! I smile every time I see it. Such a little thing. So much pleasure.



I don't like goodbyes. Ask anyone in my family. Liable to bawl all over everyone. I like all the people I love cocooned in a safe little bubble, preferably under my watchful eye, not wandering all over the world where anything at all might happen but seeing how they will wander we wish them courage for the journey & much joy along the way.

5 comments:

seekingmyLord said...

We have enough fireworks in our own neighborhood that we do not need to go anywhere to see them. The Princess was out in her jammies, having gotten over the disappointment of it being too cloudy here to view the large "blue moon" with her telescope, to watch them. She slept in that morning, of course.

Jan Lyn said...

I like all my little people together safe as well and likewise here the same--times are changing, especially for my oldest. We did hear fireworks in the distance and remained up until after midnight here. Still making up for lack of sleep too...lol. Wishing you a happy new year. :)

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely way to bring in the new year, perfect for each one. Hope you have a happy new year that is all you want it to be.

Unknown said...

Sounds like a lovely way to bring in the new year, perfect for each one. Hope you have a happy new year and that it is all you want it to be. May the Lord bless your family.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Happy 2010! :D
Blessings,
Jillian