GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Sunday, December 6, 2009


“Sing, Sing a song, Sing out loud, Sing out strong... "Joe Raposo


Ditz finally got her exam results through ~ & everyone who actually knows Ditz, the living, walking, talking, singing Ditz, the "Look at me! Look at me!" Ditz, the "I'm so cool 'cause I'm a star Ditz", is just not going to believe the comments. If I hadn't been sitting in the foyer listening to Ditz do this exam I wouldn't believe the comments either.

The predominant comment is that Ditz was just too quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know, I know. Not possible, we're all thinking. Puhleeese! Ditz? I have it here in black & white. Again an expressive performance but so quiet that it does not really communicate the song to the audience... Breath control & vocal tone are the areas to be worked on ~ & I expect her counting is at the root of some of the problem. Ditz just won't count, which reminds me of my cousins, the opera singer & her brother, having a full on ding~dong~do about all the wrong notes Marie was playing on the piano, her arguement being, of course, that rhythmn & expression were more important than accuracy! Ditz has something of the same mind set. I wonder if that's a genetic thing?

Her Bray was good, if quiet, & just to prove she can do it, her conducting was really good! Her sight singing was a shambles but Alison should never have told her to wing it because Ditz took her literally!

Overall Alison & I are both really happy with the result given Ditz had about 4 private singing lessons & had to do a lot of the work on her own. She worked really hard & given how much she hates exams she got a really good result. Now we just have to convince her she needs to do one of these a year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good luck on convincing Ditz that she NEEDS exams!

Blessings,
Jillian