GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Tuesday's Trivia.

Wednesday: Your work is puerile and under-dramatized. You lack any sense of structure, character and the Aristotelian unities.
The most bizarre bit of trivia I have turned up in some time is about homeschooling. You've seen the lists; read the e~mails; downloaded the sites that list all the smart, famous, funny people who were homeschooled. Up~right citizens every last one.

What I bet you haven't seen is the trivia about the very first homeschooling t.v family. Have a think about all the t.v familes we've got to know ~ & yes, I know the Little House people were homeschoolers but they weren't the first on t.v.

Give up?


It was the Addams Family. There was an episode that went to air on Sept., 4th 1964 with a traunt officer arriving to investigate why Wednesday & Pugsley had never been to school. Gomez is horrified at the thought of *regimented schooling * but he's a law abiding citizen so Wednesday & Pugsley are dutifully packed off to school .... until Morticia discovers what they are learning in Grimm's Fairy Tales!

Cracks me right up! It doesn't do to take ourselves too seriously!

8 comments:

Pen Wilcock said...

:0)

seekingmyLord said...

What a riot of sentiments you have!

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

No way! LOL

Sandra said...

Sometimes you worry me. You shouldn't know all of these obscure things!

Ganeida said...

Hi Ember! ☺

Seeking! Always, my dear. ♥

MrsC: lol indeed. I love ones like this.

Sandra: But I don't. I look them up on the net & then I know them! ☺ The weirder the better.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
You have some wonderful posts! ☺
Blessings
Jillian
<><

Mrs. Darling said...

Oh my word! That is hilarious! And Im sorta with sandra on this. Goodness lady you know a lot of strange things but then again you are marching to a different drummer, a celtic one! tee hee

Ganeida said...

Thanks, Jillian.

MrsD!: But you love me for it! ;P