GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Term 3 approaches its end.

I believe that school makes complete fools of our young men, because they see and hear nothing of ordinary life there. - Petronius (Satyricon)

I don't know where this term has gone but it is nearly over ~ & what have we to show for it? Not a great deal on the surface. Term 3 is always our most difficult term. End of winter with woggy things plaguing our days; 2/3 of the way through the year with enough rehearsals to create more performance opportunities; general had enough feelings after being stuck inside too much thanks to the erratic weather. Next term will be better. Ditz is like a horse who's scented the home stretch & bolts, head up, tail high.

I am not popular. We have sent in so much history & English we really don't need to send in any more. Maths is the thing. The math Ditz has been dragging her feet over all term. Now it is down to the wire & she is getting it every day. Not a happy Ditz! I'm not convinced she has learnt the moral of this little exercise though. Ah well, there's always next term.

If you would like a peek at her research paper [which was on Gypsies, remember?] click here. A little tidying up would help though I am pleased she has the general idea that she must list her resources. Still working on helping her set that all out & structure her work. Not her strong points but we are getting there.

3 comments:

Diane Shiffer said...

Oh my... math was always the clincher for Amelia and I as well. I am so happy I never have to slog her through another term of math, and she has thoroughly forgotten every shred of math that I worked so hard to force into her, lol.

seekingmyLord said...

Term 3? Oh, dear. I am not even into grade levels!

MamaOlive said...

well I saw an article about Madonna and the Gypsies, but this won't let me paste to give the link. :-(