GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Setting foot on foreign land...

“The whole object of travel is not to set foot on foreign land; it is at last to set foot on one’s own country as a foreign land.” ~ G.K. Chesterton
I am starting the research. Even if I can't go there's no reason to remain ignorant. Ditz may actually go but is far more likely to learn nothing. lol.
While Ditz & I were at choir last night Dearest watched a doco on Singapore & is now far happier about the whole venture. It is safer than he assumed. He didn't tell me anything I didn't know but as I couldn't tell him, having never actually been to Singapore, I'm glad he found out for himself. God has a very well developed sense of humour!

I will hit the travel agents too though it is unlikely Ditz will have much opportunity to see anything but the insides of concert halls: the Esplanade Concert Hall & the Yong Siew Toh Conservatory to be exact! They will perform Holst's the Planets with Orchestra of the
Music Makers.
Soprano & alto voices only. It does my head in. I hate to say it but Ditz is quite, quite mad. Fancy going all that way just to sing like a canary! They will work hard too. I don't need any crystal ball to foresee that!

And this is why God gave my Ditz such an excess of energy. If I had to do what she does I'd be dead & buried faster than you could say Jack Robinson. Interesting is the word to use, I think.

6 comments:

Sandra said...

An incredible opportunity! By the time you are finished, you will know all there is to know about Singapore, more than Ditz will know from actually being there. : )

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

*wow*

That is just so cool. You sure she can't just pack you in her trunk? :p

Anonymous said...

Hi Ganeida,
Wow - Ditz is so young, but she's going so far with her singing. Praise God - he knows her ♥, and her ♥ is in singing.

Congratulations, Ditz! ☺
Blessings,
Jillian
<><

Britwife said...

WHat a wonderful opportunity!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a great opportunity for Ditz and I agree you should pack yourself in her trunk and go along...then you can do all the sightseeing for her and tell her all about it later.

MamaOlive said...

Without reading the post yet, I was remarking on your quote at the top and thinking how it reminded me of a character in a book I'd read recently. Then I saw the author and it made sense. The book was Manalive by Chesterson. LOL.