GANEIDA'S KNOT.

Go mbeannai Dia duit.

About Me

My photo
Quaker by conviction, mother by default, Celticst through love, Christ follower because I once was lost but now am found...

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Of all the animals, the boy is the most unmanageable. ~Plato
You have no idea! 13 plus hours on the mainland yesterday & I drove for 4 of them. The others I spent sitting & waiting. Sitting & waiting is sheer exhausting.

Where I should have been was taking Ditz to flute. Ditz did not want to go on her own so Ditz stayed home. She was still snoring when I crept out of the house to catch the 7.30 AM boat. OK, that's not so bad really. The sun was up & it wasn't raining, which it is today, but the 7.30 boat is the school boat! No~one who can possibly avoid it travels on the school boat. You don't even begin to want to know about the school boat. Trust me.

Meanwhile Theo had borrowed Liddy's car & the last conversation I had with him he still hadn't returned it to the jetty but, he promised, it would be there when I needed it. As I'm starting to wander vaguely up & down rows of parked cars Theo zips into a vacant parking lot ahead of me & we swap keys because he's heading back to the island. As it turns out this is a good thing. I head towards town to pick up Dino for his MRI. As I hit the first round~a~bout Dino makes a strangled sound. He'd forgotten his x~rays & his reference! Back we went.

To give Dino his dues he's an excellent navigator & managed to keep me calm & sane all the way into the outskirts of the city. We even found a parking space. I had allowed 3 1/2 hours all up for Dino's appointment: an hours driving in; an hour for the MRI; an hour back out; 1/2 an hour to claim his rebate from his health fund & drop him home. This would have put me back on the island in time to pick up Liddy from work, round up Ditz & travel back to the mainland for choir. I should have known better. When we didn't even leave the hospital till after 12.30 I knew there was no way I was going to be home to pick up Liddy & we had to do the rebate because Dino had borrowed from Liddy to pay for his MRI & I had promised Liddy her money would be back in her account before we came home.

By the time I finally dropped Dino home I was planning on finding the jetty cafe & having coffee ~ lots of coffee! As I was about to chase down the desired coffee Liddy rang. Yes, dear, your money's back in your account. No, not worried about that but she couldn't find any of her plastic cards. Of course she couldn't. Liddy hates carrying anything so puts all her junk in my wallet. I found both her bank cards, her drivers licence & her 18+ card! No comment. I added icecream to the coffee order.

I then toddled down to meet Ditz off the ferry for choir. She'd been starting to panic when I wasn't back by lunch as expected & had missed me [aw] & had done the set school work like I'd asked her. Good girl!

I fell asleep on the boat coming home. Wonder why?

10 comments:

kimba said...

You only allowed an hour for the MRI? A hospital expects you have nothing else to do but wait around for them. Don't even think of doing anything else.

Diane Shiffer said...

why did you fall asleep? why not enough coffee m'dear!;)


busy days like that just exhaust me... i can't believe the constant running i did when i had to work. well, i can believe it- it aged me double that's for sure.
glad everything turned out ok... what a sweetie that ditz is♥

Happy Elf Mom (Christine) said...

The school boat? Wow, I want a pic of that one.

Ganeida said...

MrsC: I don't seriously think you want pics of this. Let's put it this way, we often see the cop car parked at the end of the mainland jetty for the afternoon school boat as a deterant to inter~island violence. The morning boat is merely noisy, though verbal & physical abuse are not unknown. It has got really, really bad the last year or so.

Persuaded:Ditz sure is a sweetie despite the occasional lapses which kindness forbids me mentioning.

Kimba: I know, I know. *What* was I thinking?!

seekingmyLord said...

All I want to know is what flavor of ice cream did you have?

Ganeida said...

English toffee. ;) mmmmm

MamaOlive said...

Poor thing! Days like that sure are exhausting. At least you know the cure (junk food).

Sandra said...

Your life is a flurry of activity. Sometimes I feel worn out just reading about your day.

seekingmyLord said...

English toffee? One of my favorites!

It is amazing how a little self-indulgence will help get you through a day like that, isn't it?

Ganeida said...

MamaO; I'm not keen on junk food but I do like fancy icecream in a waffle cone.

Sandra: I exhaust me reading about me too. lol. The girls & I were going to camp for Easter break but I think not now. Waaay too much water everywhere.

Seeking: Amazing how alike we are in all sorts of ways. :) It's less the self indulgence, though that helps, than just sitting quietly relaxing in between insanities. And again on Friday. :(